This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
GOODLEIGH GOODLEIGH SS 63 SW 7/81 Churchyard Lych-gate and gates approximately 10 metres south-west of Goodleigh Church
Lych-gate and gates. c.1880. Random stone rubble with ashlar dressings. Tiled roof with 2 rows of nowy-shaped tiles. Crested ridge tiles with central enlarged fleur-de-lis finial. Coped gable ends with moulded stone kneelers. Side walls with short ashlar buttresses. Roof structure supported on short corner arch braces corbelled out of 4 collar rafters with chamfers to the soffits of the rafters and collars. Pair of timber gates with chamfers to the inner faces of the central stile and middle rail with panels to each lower quarter and iron bars with upper sections with fleur-de-lis spike finials along the top rail.
Listing NGR: SS5983134146
Copyright IoE Mr L.E. Abbott. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Abbott, L.E.
Rights Holder: Abbott, L.E.
Ashlar, Rubble, Stone, Tile, Timber, Victorian Gate, Unassigned, Lych Gate, Religious Ritual And Funerary