This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST5515NE YEOVIL CP PENN WILL (West side)
8/54 No 2 (formerly No 5) with boundary wall and gate piers, gates and railings to East
Villa, now doctors' surgery. Circa 1830 with middle C19 extensions. Rendered with Welsh slated hipped roof having wide overhanging eaves. Rendered stack to North. Entrance in set-back to main facade of 2-storey. 4-panel entrance door in chamfered semi-circular headed opening, the fanlight having radial glazing bars, late C20 aluminium window set in plain surround over. Main front has angled single storey bay window of 4-semi-circular arched windows of 8-pane sashes with deadlight: above the cornice of this bay cast iron balcony ironwork; the first floor window is a composite of 2-narrow and 1-wide 6-paned sash window set in a plain architrave. The rear extension also rendered with hipped slate roof, but of 3-storey, having 16-pane sash C20 glazed door at ground floor level, and 12 and 6-pane sash window to first and second floors respectively. The interior not seen. The property retains its high stone boundary wall and its simple gate piers (with ironwork and a re-used gas lamp between them) with iron gates, there being wrought iron railings along the top of the wall, and also an arched side entrance in the wall.
Listing NGR: ST5567815819
This is part of the Series: IOE01/0882 IOE Records taken by Brian Haigh; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
© Mr Brian Haigh. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Haigh, Brian
Rights Holder: Haigh, Brian
Iron, Render, Stone, Welsh Slate, Wrought Iron, Georgian Villa, Victorian Agriculture And Subsistence, Land Use Site, Domestic, House, Dwelling, Gate, Unassigned, Gate Pier, Boundary Wall, Monument (By Form), Wall, Barrier, Boundary, Arch, Railings, Clinic, Health And Welfare