This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST5516SNE YEOVIL CP HENDFORD (East side)
8/25 No 7 (The Three Choughs Hotel)
Hotel, probably always a hostelry C18, refronted in 1845 and altered again later. Ribbon pointed squared local Stone having ashlar quoins to corners, with Welsh slate roof between coped tables, and brick chimney stacks. Entrance elevation of 3-storeys in 7-bays: central doorway (3 steps up, doors modern) slightly recessed in rusticated segmental archway with stone and cast iron balcony over, supported on stone brackets, and C20 portecochere, Plinth now part buried. Ground floor has sash windows of 16 fairly large panes; first floor windows have 12-panes and second floor 9-panes each: all set in simple architraves: the exception is the central lst floor window which has French doors and is surmounted by a flat hood supported by console brackets. Interior not inspected. On prominent corner site; the South Street elevation incorporates a tablet inscribed "C.M. 1724".
Listing NGR: ST5554715917
Copyright IoE Mr Brian Haigh. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Haigh, Brian
Rights Holder: Haigh, Brian
Ashlar, Stone, Welsh Slate, Stuart Hostel, Georgian Commercial, Domestic, Residential Building