This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST51NE YEOVIL CP PRESTON ROAD (North side)
2/77 The Cemetery Lodge
Cemetery Lodge house: 1863. Local stone of boasted coursed rubble to basement, ashlar to upper levels, with Ham stone dressings and Welsh slated roof.
Cruciform plan of three storeys, with middle C20 angle infill to rear. The South projecting arm has narrow semi-circular headed slit windows to the front projection and its East return wall at basement level; to the ground floor 2-light windows with slightly chamfered surrounds with duochrome relieving arches over, lining through with the basement windows: above these in the gable two semi-circular headed windows with circular light over set in a pointed duochrome relieving arch. The right arm of the cross plan has pointed arched doorway at (upper) ground level in the East wall with a flight of steps leading up to it, and above it a gabled 2-light window: this window is repeated in the Western arm (South - roadside - face). All windows have patterned leaded lights.
The roof is banded with slates of two colours: the entrance arm has an added pyramidal slated roof with alternate courses of fish- scale slates: Stone chimney stacks. The interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: ST5510416493
Copyright IoE Mr Brian Haigh. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Haigh, Brian
Rights Holder: Haigh, Brian
Ashlar, Ham Hill Stone, Rubble, Stone, Welsh Slate, Victorian Lodge, Domestic, Steps, Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site