This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST12NW WIVELISCOMBE WITHOUT CP QUAKING HOUSE LANE (West side)
4/134 Quaking House
Cottages with Quaker Meeting House, now single dwelling with garage. C17 and C18, extensively modernised. Roughcast, slate roof, brick stacks. 2 storeys, 2:1 bays, C20 casement windows, gabled porch centre. Right-hand bay projects with single storey gabled garage, cob outer walls are the 2 bay remains of the Quaker Meeting House. The site was purchased 1679 and meeting house registered 1684.
The nearby burial ground opening 1681. The Quakers purchased and rebuilt a property in North Street Milverton 1753 and abandoned this meeting house, though the burial ground was still in use early C20.
Listing NGR: ST1066226178
Copyright IoE Mrs G Martine Allmey. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Allmey, G Martine
Rights Holder: Allmey, G Martine
Cob, Roughcast, Slate, Tudor House, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Domestic, Jacobean Dwelling, Friends Meeting House, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Meeting House, Place Of Worship