This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST51SE BARWICK CP THE GREEN STOFORD
No 22 and No 23 5/29 (The Guildhall) (formerly listed as Guildhouse Stoford 2 tenements) 19.4.61 - II
Former Guildhouse, now two dwellings. Probably C15 origins. Local stone roughly cut and squared with Ham stone dressings; thatched roof hipped to East and coped to West; brick chimney stacks. 2-storeys, 3-bays, the Easternmost bay having different floor levels. Moulded jambs and arch to doorway between bays -2 and -3, under square label with diamond stops, shields in spandrils; 2-light timber casement to upper bay-1, otherwise 3-light hollow-chamfered mullioned windows with labels and inset wood casements. Thatched porch to modern doorway in West gable, plain doorway East side. Stoford was a borough with a market in C12 and C13, with a courthouse etc, but by 1633 Gerrard wrote of its decline through the diversion of the Exeter road into Yeovil. (L C Hayward "Local History of South Somerset and Yeovil', unpublished MS 1963).
Listing NGR: ST5668813416
This is part of the Series: IOE\Haigh_Brian IOE Records for Haigh, Brian; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Brian Haigh. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Haigh, Brian
Rights Holder: Haigh, Brian
Ham Hill Stone, Stone, Thatch, Medieval Guildhall, Tudor Commercial, Civil, Meeting Hall, Public Building, House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling