This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST5516SE YEOVIL CP PRINCES STREET (West side)
5/82 Nos 27 & 29
Houses now shops, late C17. Brick with Ham Stone dressings; stone slate roof between coped gables. 2-storeys of 5-bays. Modern shopfronts to ground floor in flat arched recesses in stone ashlar work under stone band course: to first five 12-pane windows regularly spaced in stone architraves with keystones: rusticated stone quoins to first floor, and stone eaves cornice. The interior and rear elevation not seen. These properties are integral with Nos 23 and 25 (q.v.), sharing same roof and eaves cornice, although the different facing material at first floor level suggests that this house has been re-fronted more than once: the windows also are deeper than those of the adjacent building. Re-fronted by John Old, Mercer in 1714, later home of John Old Goodford and Thomas Cave (Brewer).
Listing NGR: ST5554416061
Copyright IoE Mr Brian Haigh. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Haigh, Brian
Rights Holder: Haigh, Brian
Ashlar, Brick, Ham Hill Stone, Slate, Stone, Stuart House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Shop, Commercial