This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST51SE BARWICK BARWICK PARK
241-0/5/10001 Arch immediately south west of Barwick House
Arch to grotto entrance. Circa 1770; built for John and Grace Newman of Barwick House, Barwick Park (qv). Rustic stone semi-circular arch; formerly part of the approach to The Grotto south west of Barwick Park (qv). The approach was a "rocky ravine" (Jones, B.) SOURCE: Jones, B., Follies and Grottoes, pp 227-30. RCHME report, 13/12/1996.
Listing NGR: ST5599314247
Copyright IoE Mr Brian Haigh. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Haigh, Brian
Rights Holder: Haigh, Brian
Stone, Georgian Arch, Monument <By Form>