This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST12NW MILVERTON CP SAND STREET (East Side)
6/252 Netherfield (formerly listed as The Nook)
House. Circa 1766. Red brick, stone string course, wooden cornice below ramped parapet, hipped slate roof, brick stacks at rear. 2 and a half storeys, 3 bays; central flat headed dormer casement, first floor outer bays, 16 pane sash windows, centre round headed window with glazing bars, ground floor Venetian sash windows with glazing bars flanking central doorway; windows all with painted keystones. Pilaster doorcase with moulded head and keystone, panelled reveals, tracery fanlight and 6 panel door approached by flight of 8 steps with wrought iron railing. Left return elevation has inserted mid C19 canted bay window. Interior: simple late C18 - early C19 dogleg stair, plaster paterae on hall ceiling, marbelised Victorian fireplace front room right, imported early C18 bolection moulded fireplace front room left, back parlour imported early C19 fireplace from Bindon House (qv). (Photographs in NMR).
Listing NGR: ST1198025675
Copyright IoE Mrs G Martine Allmey. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Allmey, G Martine
Rights Holder: Allmey, G Martine
Brick, Slate, Stone, Wood, Wrought Iron, Georgian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Steps, Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site, Railings, Barrier