This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SD 52NW FARINGTON CHURCH LANE
4/7 Church of St. Paul 11.11.66 - II
Church, 1839, by Edmund Sharpe; chancel 1909. Brick with stone dressings and red tile roof. North west tower and nave in simple Romanesque style, C20 gothic chancel. Tower of 4 stages, with stone angle buttresses continued as hexagonal corners to 4 pinnacles, central stone lesenes in each side, and stone Lombard friezes; panels of brick each with a round headed window opening, glazed at first floor level, louvered above. Nave wall of brick divided by stone lesenes into 6 bays, a single round headed window in each bay, and a Lombard frieze running under the eaves; 7th bay has a larger arched and traceried window between brick buttresses.
Chancel of brick with stone dressings in minimal gothic style. Interior is very plain, with a simple chancel arch.
Listing NGR: SD5382425063
Copyright IoE Mr K. Foster. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Foster, K.
Rights Holder: Foster, K.
Brick, Stone, Tile, Georgian Church, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship