This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SD 52NE WALTON-LE-DALE CHURCH BROW 5/115 - Watchhouse c.50 metres east of Church of St. Leonard
Watchhouse, dated 1835. Dressed stone, with roof now of corrugated metal sheet. Built into slope with 2 storeys to road, one storey to churchyard.
Carriage door to road has arched head of gauged stones with keystone, small window above, gable with coping and chimney at apex. Side wall watershot. Rear wall (single storey) has semicircular doorway with keystone dated 1835.
Listing NGR: SD5618028142
Copyright IoE Mr K. Foster. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Foster, K.
Rights Holder: Foster, K.
Metal, Stone, Georgian Watch House, Victorian Civil, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument