This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SD 52NE WALTON-LE-DALE BANK HEAD LANE
5/107 Bank Head Farmhouse - - II
Farmhouse, dated 1639, with later addition at right end. Stone, concrete tile roof with 2 ridge chimney stacks. Now 4 bays but originally 2 bays and probably baffle-entry type. Two storeys, the walls having been raised by 4 courses of masonry; plinth and large quoins to 1st and 2nd bays; original front door at right end of 2nd bay has stone lintel with worn lettering: T G . Left of door R ? 1639 ground floor has 2 double-chamfered stone mullion windows, of 3 and 4 lights; 1st floor has two 3-light casements. Addition to the right (probably C18) has two 3-light casements in chamfered stone cases on each floor. Side and rear are rendered, rear wall has 3 ground floor stone mullion windows, of 2,3 and 2 lights, and 7 other windows (all top hung casements). Interior altered, staircase installed to rear of stack beside front door.
Listing NGR: SD5851825917
Copyright IoE Mr K. Foster. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Foster, K.
Rights Holder: Foster, K.
Concrete, Render, Stone, Tile, Stuart Farmhouse, Domestic, Agricultural Dwelling, Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument