This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SD 52NE WALTON LE DALE SEED LEE ROAD
5/130 Barn c. 30 metres south east of 24.3.1950 Old Lemon House, and yard wall GV attached at South end
Barn, probably early C18. Stone plinth, quoins and end walls; otherwise brick, pierced by 2 rows of diamond-pattern ventilation holes; roof of stone slates now felted. Rectangular plan of 5 bays, the 4th and 5th breaking forwards. Wagon door to 3rd bay, modern window under old wooden lintel in 1st bay. Gable walls of watershot masonry have stone copings with kneelers; right gable has 3 former doorways (now windows) with stone jambs and undercut chamfered lintels, and a circular pitching hole framed in stone and now glazed. Later additions to left end.
Yard wall of rubble with rounded coping, attached at right-angles to south west corner, ending with a round-headed stone gatepost.
Listing NGR: SD5732325084
Copyright IoE Mr K. Foster. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Foster, K.
Rights Holder: Foster, K.
Brick, Felt, Rubble, Stone, Stuart Barn, Georgian Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Gate, Unassigned, Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier