This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SD 52NE WALTON-LE-DALE SEED LEE ROAD
5/131 Farm building c. 30 metres south 24.3.1950 of Old Lemon House, and yard GV wall attached at South end
Farm building, probably stable, early C18, altered and extended in C19; now store. Stone and brick with stone plinth and dressings, roof of corrugated sheeting. Rectangular plan of 3 bays, with 4th added later at right end. Two storeys, raised in C19; left end wall incorporates lower gable of watershot masonry, and stone quoins rise to height of original building; front wall of brick has at each end a doorway with stone jambs and undercut chamfered lintel (a similar door to rear of 3rd bay now blocked), and in the centre a double door with wooden lintel and a modern loading door above. Rear wall has 2 square window openings with stone sills and heads, both blocked. Yard wall of rubble with rounded coping-attached at right-angles to south east corner, ending with a round-headed stone gatepost.
Listing NGR: SD5730625066
Copyright IoE Mr K. Foster. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Foster, K.
Rights Holder: Foster, K.
Brick, Rubble, Stone, Stuart Farm Building, Georgian Agriculture And Subsistence, Agricultural Building, Stable, Animal Shed, Transport, Gate, Unassigned, Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Storehouse, Building