This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SD 52NW PENWORTHAM PARK LANE
4/86 Penwortham Hall (incorporating 11.11.1966 Penwortham Lodge) (Formerly listed as Penwortham Lodge) - II
House, 1801, with early C19 addition (known as Penwortham Lodge). Ashlar and brick, hipped slate roof concealed by a parapet. Square 5 bay plan plus shallow extension on south side which is 3 bays wide. Two storeys and basement, in classical style: plinth, band, moulded cornice and low parapet; sashed windows with glazing bars, except one at the side and one at the back which have been replaced by doors. Symmetrical west front has large porch with paired Ionic columns, and an entablature with dentilled and moulded cornice and a parapet; doorway with margin lights between pilasters and columns, all under an elliptical fanlight with radiating glazing bars. South front (Lodge) is brick, 3 bays, 3 storeys and basement, symmetrical, and has a raised entrance with pedimented stone doorcase, margin lights, and a doorway with a fanlight which has radiating glazing bars; there are sashed windows with glazing bars on the 1st and 2nd floors, and at ground floor the window on the left is similar with margin lights, while that on the right has casements. Interior: has been mutilated by division into flats, but contains 2 good open well cantilevered staircases, window shutters, some fragments of original vine friezes, and one original fireplace. History: built by John Horrocks, founding partner of Horrocks, Miller and Co., the largest cotton firm in Preston, and sold to William Marshall in 1829. (Lancs Record Office, DDHS: A. Horrocks "Brief History of the Horrocks Family"; auction notice in Preston Pilot 18 July 1829).
Listing NGR: SD5315127223