This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
EAST KENNETT VILLAGE CENTRE SU 16 NW (south side) 5/159 Manor Farmhouse 22.8.66 II
Farmhouse. C17. Sarsen, with tiled roof. Two storeys, attic and cellar. Three bays, with east bay developed later as cross wing with 4 bays to front and 1 to rear. Central through hall with parlour to right. Left bay contains major stack on front wall, now within dining room in wing. Timber door with moulded cover pieces and ovolo moulded frame carrying inscription on lintel AN.D.1630.IS.IB. Late C18 bracketed canopy and stone jambs. Ovolo moulded stone windows with label mouldings. First north bay of wing built or refaced in C18 diaper brick and continuation and south bay added in C19, with similar moulded windows. Central bay of house extended to rear in C20 with 1 reset window. Stone stack to original building and added stacks to west and north gables.
Added porch on east side.
Listing NGR: SU1176867442
Copyright IoE Mr B.J.W. Heath. Source Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Photographer: Heath, B.J.W.
Rights Holder: Heath, B.J.W.
Brick, Sarsen Stone, Tile, Tudor Farmhouse, Elizabethan Domestic, Stuart Agricultural Dwelling, Jacobean Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument