This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BEBINGTON CHURCH ROAD SJ 3080 (east side) Thornton Hough 16/66 Former School and Master's House
School, now community centre. c.1866-8. By Kirk and Sons.
Rock-faced stone with ashlar dressings, slate roofs with tile crest. One storey, 5 bays, the 1st bay of 2 storeys; the 1st and 5th bays gabled. Coped gables with iron finials. Central bay has window of 3 cusped lights under relieving arch and gablet. Flanking bays have single cusped lights, projecting porch wing has return gables. 1st bay has ground floor window of 2 lights with shouldered lintels under relieving arch, 1st floor window of 2 pointed lights with colonette and ashlar tympanum. 5th bay has window of 3 cusped lights under relieving arch. Right return of porch has entrance door with strap hinges. 1st bay has entrance with shouldered lintel. Gable end to 4th bay has bell cote.
Left return has lateral stack, right return of 2 bays with gablet to 1st bay.
Listing NGR: SJ3053980934
Copyright IoE Mr F. Bryan Basketter. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Basketter, F. Bryan
Rights Holder: Basketter, F. Bryan
Ashlar, Slate, Stone, Victorian School, Education, Community Centre, Civil