This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
WIRRAL STATION ROAD SJ 28 SW (north side) Thurstaston 4/305 The Clock Tower
Stables, now house. c.1882-4. By R.N. Shaw. Rock-faced stone with ashlar dressings, tile roof. 2 storeys, 6 bays.
Double-chamfered-mullioned windows of 2 and 4 lights to ground floor, 1:3:2:1:3:3-light windows to 1st floor.
Entrances to 2nd and 6th bays have flanking lights, that to 6th bay has Tudor head and label mould. Central pointed arch, the mouldings dying into jambs, with hood mould.
Central 2-bay attic has cornice, embattled parapet and pyramidal roof; clock face. Cross-axial and gable-end stacks. Courtyard through arch has open shelter to western side.
Listing NGR: SJ2457884221
Copyright IoE Mr F. Bryan Basketter. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Basketter, F. Bryan
Rights Holder: Basketter, F. Bryan
Ashlar, Stone, Tile, Victorian Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling