This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BRIGHTON ROAD 1.
5406 (South Side) Beach House
TQ 1502 NW 5/19 3.8.48.
1820 by J B Rebecca. Originally called Marino Mansion. 2 storeys, attic and basement.
3 windows. Stuccoed. Cornice and parapet. The central portion projects slightly with a pediment over. Windows in frames, the central one with entablature over.
Porch in 3 sections with Doric pilasters. The south front has a curved bay of 3 windows with parapet over and Venetian shutters on the 1st floor. The east front of 1 window is also curved and has a projection on the ground floor. There is a later addition of 2 windows to the west. Edward Knoblock, Dramatist, lived here for some years and added the "Regency" internal decoration.
Listing NGR: TQ1544902653
© Mr Robin Earl. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Earl, Robin
Rights Holder: Earl, Robin
Stucco, Georgian House, Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling