This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST75SE BUCKLAND DINHAM CP HIGH STREET (North side)
4/133 The Old Parsonage
Former parsonage, now house. Dated ante 1679 by inscription, early C19 alterations, further late C19 work. Random rubble, triple roman tile roof with decorative ridge tiles, bracketed eaves, coped verges, brick stack to left, ashlar stack to right. Symmetrical facade, "L"-plan. Two storeys and attic, 3 bays, late C19 casements with glazing bars and marginal lights in plain stone surrounds. Central door opening in similar surround, moulded slab hood on cut stone brackets, late C19 half glazed door in conforming style. C17, two light attic window in right return. Two storey, two bay wing to rear on left return, 2 and 3-light moulded stone mullioned windows under cornice dripmoulds. Interior mainly of early C19 including doors, window shutters, moulded cornices and staircase; also 2 fireplaces in stone surrounds with cast iron grates to first floor. 'A' frame roof structure of C11, morticed collar beams, in line trenched purlins. Re-used window of small leaded lights in attic dividing wall inscribed with name and dated 1679.
Listing NGR: ST7550551209
Copyright IoE Mr Robert O. Caudwell. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Caudwell, Robert O.
Rights Holder: Caudwell, Robert O.
Rubble, Stone, Tile, Timber, Georgian Vicarage, Victorian Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Monument <By Form>