This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SS 4837-4937 BRAUNTON CHURCH STREET (west side) Braunton 11/71 No. 33, 35 and 37 - 25.2.65 GV II
Row of 3 cottages, probably originally large farmhouse. 1579 by datestone to No.35. Rubble and cob rendered and pebbledashed. No.33 whitewashed with stack to left end. No.35 is colourwashed with large lateral rubble stack with offsets.
These share a continuous tiled roof. No.37 is pebbledashed with slate roof.
Formerly 3 cell and cross passage plan. 2 storeys. Single storey outshut to No.35 and 2 storey right-angled rubble extension with gable ends to No.37. 2 storeys.
No.33 has C20 casements each side of -glazed door. 2 small 2-light casement (6 panes each light) above No.35 has C20 2-light casement over small slated lean-to roof adjoining stack with horizontal timber sliding sash without glazing bars in the projection and small datestone 1579 just to its left. Low C20 door to left.
No.37 has two 2-light timber casements over 20 paned wooden fixed light and timber sash 8 panes per sash to right of -glazed C20 door. Hall stack has blocked internal chimneypiece and single chamfered hall beam.
Listing NGR: SS4894237012
Copyright IoE Mr Robin Mellor. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Mellor, Robin
Rights Holder: Mellor, Robin
Cob, Pebbledash, Render, Rubble, Slate, Tile, Tudor Farmhouse, Elizabethan Domestic, Agricultural Dwelling, Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Monument <By Form>