This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SS 4837-4937 BRAUNTON CHURCH STREET (east side) Braunton 11/77 Nos. 36 and 36a (Formerly listed - as Nos. & 2 St Michaels) 25.2.65 - II
Villa, now 2 dwellings, circa 1830-40. Rendered rubble with quoin pilasters but only truncated upper portion remaining to right. Re-roofed in concrete tiles with gable end brick stacks. 2-storeys. Originally symmetrical facade now interrupted by division into two properties. Central upper storey glazed French windows, panelled in base with 8 panes each leaf above. Two 2-light casements to each side with 3 large panes and marginal glazing bars to each light. 2-storey timber verandah and balcony with 2 tiers of 8 fluted timber colonnettes with basket-arched timber work with iron lattice pattern between, now divided with 4 bays to dwelling to left, 3 to right. Diamond lattice iron work to balcony railings. Zinc covered tent roof. Ground floor has 2 glazed doors with French windows to left with marginal glazing bars and inserted C20 bow window to right. House to left retains its iron spear-headed railings and gate.
Listing NGR: SS4896537071
Copyright IoE Mr Robin Mellor. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Mellor, Robin
Rights Holder: Mellor, Robin
Concrete, Iron, Render, Rubble, Georgian Villa, Victorian Agriculture And Subsistence, Land Use Site, Domestic, House, Dwelling, Monument <By Form>