This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SS 4836-4936 BRAUNTON NORTH STREET, Braunton
12/99 Range of Farmbuildings, comprising - Stables, Barn, Linhay and Pump House, forming Courtyard to Town Farm
Range of Farmbuildings, probably C18, comprising Stables, Barn and Linhay forming Courtyard group to Town Farm (q.v.) which completes the 4-sided plan. Detached pump-house in Courtyard. Rubble with corrugated iron roofs. Stables have pigeon holes to loft over. Segmental arched doorway with 'stable' door and 2 flanking segmental arched windows reduced in size with wooden slats to the openings. Linhay on south side much altered with renewed tallet floor. Fronts faced in and roofs covered in wrought iron. Single storey shed at east gable end. Barn on east side of Courtyard has 'stacked' pigeonholes in 4-3-2-1 arrangement at gable end. 1 original trusses survive with threaded purlins removed. Large extended gateway opening with opposing plank door with timber lintel on street side. Tacked pumphouse in yard in front of house of rubble and part cob with original slate roof.
2 door openings facing farmhouse. The group with Town Farmhouse (q.v.) is an excellent example of a centrally-placed village farmstead in relation to Braunton's historic cellular town plan and surviving Great Field.
Listing NGR: SS4852136636
This is part of the Series: IOE01/1380 IOE Records taken by Robin Mellor; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
© Mr Robin Mellor. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Mellor, Robin
Rights Holder: Mellor, Robin
Cob, Iron, Rubble, Slate, Stuart Courtyard, Georgian Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Pump House, Water Supply And Drainage, Water Supply Site, Industrial, Water Power Production Site, Power Generation Site, Farm Building, Agriculture And Subsistence, Agricultural Building, Barn, Linhay, Stable, Animal Shed, Transport