This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST75SE LULLINGTON CP LAVERTON
4/165 Church of St. Mary
Parish church. C11, predominantly C15, restored late C19. Random rubble, slate and stone tile roofs. Perpendicular.
West tower with a saddleback roof, prominent buttresses with offsets, 3-light mullioned windows high up on west wall, above it a clock; a lancet and a 2 light window to north and south sides. Buttressed single bay nave; 3 light windows; blocked south door; north door in a C11 surround, one order of scallop capitals, zig zag decoration to head.
Buttressed chancel of one bay, 2 light window to south side; restored 3-light east window; priests door in a hollow moulded stone surround. Interior on tile floors, ceiled wagon roof of C19 to nave, upper and lower entrances to the rood loft, some C19 stained glass. Classical wall monument of 1691 to John Yerbury, flanking columns, broken segmental pediment with a coat of arms.
Listing NGR: ST7781452997
Copyright IoE Mr Robert O. Caudwell. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Caudwell, Robert O.
Rights Holder: Caudwell, Robert O.
Rubble, Slate, Stone, Tile, Early Medieval Parish Church, Medieval Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative, Clock Tower, Unassigned, Tower, Building