This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST75SE BUCKLAND DINHAM CP HIGH STREET (North side)
4/130 Ebenezer Methodist Chapel
Chapel. Circa 1730, from written source; rebuilt and dated 1811. Coursed and squared rubble, facade under coped gable with urn finial, slate roof with ridge at right angles to frontage. Plain symmetrical front of 2 storeys, 3 bays; sash windows with glazing bars in segmental headed bead moulded stone surrounds with keystones; continuous moulded string above heads on both floors. Central door opening in moulded stone architrave with triple keystone, plank door, segmental pediment on moulded stone brackets. Painted oval stone plaque to centre of gable inscribed:- "Ebenezer Isam 7 and 12, 1811". Galleried interior predominantly of late C19, including pews and elaborate pulpit with decorative cast iron panelling; gallery of 1811 supported on twin columns flanking central aisle, balustrade of 5 recessed panels, fitted pews; plaster ceiling centre of curved and blunted acanthus leaves, also of 1811.
Listing NGR: ST7525351245
Copyright IoE Mr Robert O. Caudwell. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Caudwell, Robert O.
Rights Holder: Caudwell, Robert O.
Rubble, Slate, Stone, Stuart Chapel, Georgian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument