This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5/12 KEIGHLEY BRADFORD ROAD SE 04 SE (east side) 5/12 Keighley Water tower on south- westernmost platform of Keighley station GV II Water tower. Probably 1883 (date of station). Coursed stone base, cast iron tank. Base: 2 bays. Plinth. Giant central and angle pilasters. Bays recessed, left bay with double door under large 6-pane overlight, right bay with 24-pane window the central 4 panes an opening casement. Openings are segment-headed with stone lintels and bracketed stone cill to window. Tops of recessed bays dentil- led. Modillioned cornice on table. Tank: set on chamfered plinth, formed of rectangular iron sections, each with decorative panel, bolted together. Rear: base has 2 windows. Sides: one recessed bay as front but blind.
Listing NGR: SE0663541211
Copyright IoE Mr Alan V Whetton. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Whetton, Alan V
Rights Holder: Whetton, Alan V
Cast Iron, Stone, Victorian Water Tower, Water Supply And Drainage, Water Storage Site