This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST22NE WEST MONKTON CP WEST MONKTON VILLAGE
6/215 Glebe Court
Rectory, now dwelling. Circa 1783, altered mid C19 and early C20, Rendered over rubble, painted rubble and brick service wings, mansard slate roof with coped verges to gabled North elevation, bead moulded cornice, brick stacks North front and North West wing, entrance East elevation, East front: 2 storeys and attic, 1:3 bays; three square headed 6 pane dormer sash windows, lower independently roofed, hipped service wing left, all 12 pane sash windows above central entrance, C20 door and early C20 flat roofed wooden pentice porch carried on shaped console brackets with pilasters and swags in frieze South front: 4 bays, mid C19 blind boxes to ground floor sash windows without glazing bars, abutting one bay North West wing, hipped roof with brick stack, 12-pane sash windows first floor 15-pane below, West front: 5:1 bays. Interior not sighted, panelled shutters to ground floor windows. This was built as the rectory circa 1783 and was sold 150 years later when the building formerly known as Court House became the rectory (qv). (M E Roynan, The Church of St Augustine of Canterbury, West Monkton, 1982).
Listing NGR: ST2633928420
Copyright IoE Mr Mick Humphreys. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Humphreys, Mick
Rights Holder: Humphreys, Mick
Brick, Render, Rubble, Slate, Georgian Vicarage, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Service Wing, Monument <By Form>