This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
NORTH CURRY CP WINDMILL HILL (North side) ST3125
10/89 Methodist Church with railings abutting to north (formerly listed as Methodist Chapel)
Methodist chapel. Dated 1833, extensions c1900. Red brick, Flemish bond, hipped and pyramid slate roofs. Plan: rectangular chapel with set back vestry rooms attached at west corner. Two storeys, 1:3 bays, full height round-headed 4 x 3-pane moulded mullioned windows to chapel right, left in vestry rooms round headed 3 x 3-pane mullioned window first floor with 2 x 3-pane square headed window below, rectangular marble plaque set between; door right with fanlight facing in re-entrant angle of chapel, double doors with semi-circular headed lattice work top, both doorways sharing curved lead canopy with decorative valence, supported on vestry side by inserted late C20 section of brick wall. Ham stone tablet above chapel entrance, inscribed Wesleyan Chapel 1833, marble tablet in addition declares that it was erected in memory of Ann Mitchell Morris, died 1900. Cast iron railings in dwarf wall, decorative heads, continued north-east for about 20 m terminating in square red brick pier; fronting graveyard onto road. (Photograph in NMR).
Listing NGR: ST3183525113
This is part of the Series: IOE\Humphreys_Mick IOE Records for Humphreys, Mick; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Mick Humphreys. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Humphreys, Mick
Rights Holder: Humphreys, Mick
Brick, Cast Iron, Slate, Georgian Methodist Chapel, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument, Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Railings