This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
NZ 2564 NW NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE NEW BRIDGE STREET (north side) 17/411 14/6/54 Tiffany's club (west part) . (formerly listed as Oxford Galleries).
G.V. II * House, now part of club. Circa 1825 by John Dobson for himself. Incised stucco; roof not visible. 3 storeys and basement, 3 bays. First 2 storeys framed by end pilasters, honeysuckle frieze and cornice; all windows on these floors sashes in architraves; with bracketed cornices on ground floor; second floor has sashes in plain reveals. All windows have glazing bars; ground and second floor sill bands.
Architrave and bracketed cornice to 4-panelled double door in second bay of left return. Interior shows high-quality stucco work to stair soffit and ceiling and to ground floor front and first floor rear rooms. Wide wreathed handrail on hardboard- covered balustrade. Graded for historical interest.
Listing NGR: NZ2517164528
© Mr Bob Cottrell. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cottrell, Bob
Rights Holder: Cottrell, Bob
Stucco, Georgian House, Victorian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Club, Recreational