This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
WOKINGHAM GLEBELANDS SU 86 NW (North side) 10/30 Stables, north west of Glebelands G.V. II Stables, now garage and store. 1897 by Sir Ernest Newton. Brick, part weatherboarded, tile hipped roof. L-plan, gable on north east. One and a half storeys. Ridge chimney to left. Front to stable yard:- wooden garage doors on left, weatherboarded gable in centre, with doors to hay loft and dovecot over; glazed brick semi-circular arched opening under. Wooden glazed screen with door across recessed opening. 3-light leaded casement on right hand return. Interior:-glazed bricks to dado height and a glazed brick fireplace.
Listing NGR: SU8089069285
Copyright IoE Brian Steptoe. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Steptoe, Brian
Rights Holder: Steptoe, Brian
Brick, Tile, Weatherboard, Victorian Dovecote, Agriculture And Subsistence, Agricultural Building, Stable, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Transport, Garage, Road Transport Site, Storehouse, Unassigned, Building