This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE GREAT NORTH ROAD NZ 2465 SE (east side) 14/270 17/12/71 Nos. 14-20 ,even (formerly listed as St. Mary's Terrace) II G.V. Terrace of 5 houses, now offices. Circa 1830. English bond brick with painted ashlar basement and dressings; cast iron balcony. Welsh slate roof. Basement and 3 storeys; 6 bays to No. 20, 3 to other houses and set-back right entrance bay to No. 14. End 3 bays project slightly. 8-panelled door to No.16, altered or renewed doors to others, with overlights in architraves. Ground-floor windows of 3 end bays have recessed apron panels in long architraves; central house has full-length windows; projecting stone sills to intermediate windows on ground floor and to all on second. First floor windows to floor level; wedge stone lintels.
All windows sashes, most with glazing bars. Blind windows top floor no. 14.
First flair band; anthemion-patterned balcony to Nos. 14-18. Low-pitched roof has ashlar-corniced ridge chimneys.
Listing NGR: NZ2494565093
© Mr Bob Cottrell. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cottrell, Bob
Rights Holder: Cottrell, Bob
Ashlar, Brick, Cast Iron, Slate, Georgian Terrace, Victorian Domestic, Multiple Dwelling, Dwelling, Terraced House, Monument <By Form>, House, Office, Unassigned, Building