This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TQ6059-6159 WROTHAM C.P. HIGH STREET 7/23 (south side)
1.8.52 Bank House, Old Bank House and Premises adjoining to east (formerly Listed as Old Bank House and shop premises adjoining) GV II
House trio. Circa 1820, masking heavily altered C16 framed structure to left.
Rebuilt to right after direct hit from V-1 flying bomb during Second World War.
Yellow stock brick to left, tile-hung to right. Boarded parapet to low pitched slate roof. 3 storeys; regular 4 window front, glazing bar sashes in fluted frames, two to left on 1st floor, bowed. Double shop-front on ground-floor to left. 2 bowed windows to right with arches over original cellar grilles to right. Panelled doors with rectangular overlights in fluted frames with flat projecting hoods in centre of front and at extreme right. Door in shop-front to left. Small mid C20 windows have been interpolated on 1st and 2nd floors above central doorway.
Listing NGR: TQ6113259106
This is part of the Series: IOE\Vigar_John IOE Records for Vigar, John; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr John Vigar. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Vigar, John
Rights Holder: Vigar, John
Brick, Slate, Medieval House, Tudor Monument <By Form>, Elizabethan Domestic, Dwelling, Shop, Commercial