This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
FAIRMEADOW 1. 5278 (East Side) No 9 (The Lamb Public House) TQ 7555 NE 1/131 II
2. A tinber-framed building, probably C17 with a plastered front and the ground floor underbuilt but the 2nd floor overhanging on a bressumer with 4 gables above. Tiled roof. 2 storeys. 3 modern casement windows. Modern pub front.
Carriageentrance to the north which has an open timbered roof. A plaque on the building records that near this spot in 1557 7 people were burnt for their faith.
Listing NGR: TQ7578955676
Copyright IoE Mr John Vigar. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Vigar, John
Rights Holder: Vigar, John
Plaster, Tile, Timber, Tudor Timber Framed Building, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Public House, Jacobean Commercial, Licensed Premises, Eating And Drinking Establishment, Recreational, Carriageway, Transport, Road, Road Transport Site, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument