This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
WOKINGHAM ROSE STREET SU 8168 NW (North west side) 18/64 Boundary marker at south west corner of No.6 Wiltshire Road G.V. II Boundary marker. Early C19. Cast iron. Triangular plan with sloping top. Raised lettering which reads on the left side:- WOKINGHAM BERKS on the right side WOKINGHAM WILTS and on the top WILDER Formerly marked the boundary between the county of Berkshire and that part of the county of Wiltshire which included part of Wokingham until 1845. Removed from its original position in Cross Street in late C20, when the construction of Mulberry Court altered the line of that street.
Listing NGR: SU8148268808
Copyright IoE Brian Steptoe. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Steptoe, Brian
Rights Holder: Steptoe, Brian
Cast Iron, Georgian Boundary Marker, Victorian Monument <By Form>, Boundary