This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SK 36 SE TOWN OF CLAY CROSS CEMETARY ROAD 2/22 (North Side) Monument to south of Cemetery Chapels GV 11
Monument. 1884. Stone. Stepped plinth with pedestal base over. Inset cusped panels with inscriptions to three sides. South face inscribed ' This monument is in memory of the Fourty-Five men and boys who lost their lives in an explosion at Park House Pit, Clay Cross, November 7th 1882 and was erected by their fellow workmen and the Public 1884'. To west and east sides the names of the deceased. Over, tall quatrefoil pillar with gableted base and band of ballflower decoration, Foliate capital and weeping woman in white marble above. Included for group value only.
Listing NGR: SK3973262854
Copyright IoE Mr Neil Haddy. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Haddy, Neil
Rights Holder: Haddy, Neil
Marble, Stone, Victorian Commemorative Monument, Commemorative