This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SK 46 SW PARISH OF NORTH WINGFIELD ST LAWRENCE ROAD 4/20 (West Side) The Manor House 31.1.67
House. c1705 with alterations mid-C19. Coursed sandstone, partly cement rendered, with sandstone dressings. C20 concrete tiled roof with stone coped gables with moulded kneelers. Four stone gable end stacks and two ridge stacks, all truncated.
Stone coped parapet to the south. Two storeys with projecting cross wings to the east. East elevation - projecting wings with a blocked oval window with dressed surround to each gable. Left gable with two tall single light windows with flush, square section stone surrounds. Recessed centre part of five bays. Doorway on the right with moulded stone surround and C19 panelled door. Two glazing bar sashes to the left in moulded surrounds, a doorway in moulded surround with C20 part glazed double doors, and another glazing bar sash with moulded stone surround.
Five similar windows above and a re-used datestone inscribed AD 1690/ NUMMO/ DEFICIENTE/ NE PLUS/ ULTRA (loosely translated as without more money we can't go further). Similar fenestration to the side walls of the cross wings. West elevation remodelled in the mid-C19 with 2- and 3-light Gothic Style windows.
Listing NGR: SK4049464460
Copyright IoE Mr Neil Haddy. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Haddy, Neil
Rights Holder: Haddy, Neil
Cement, Concrete, Render, Sandstone, Stone, Tile, Stuart House, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument