This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
KEIGHLEY HOLLINS LANE SE 04 SE : 051426 (east side) 5/122 High Utley
Guidestone at junction with Barr House Lane, opposite Cairn Croft
Guidestone. Mid-late C18. Inscribed 'Skipton' with hand pointing and underneath 'Keighley' with hand pointing in opposite direction. This was the old highway which was adopted by the Keighley Kendal turnpike trust in 1733. Old Barr House Lane was opened in 1782.
Listing NGR: SE0509642603
Copyright IoE Mr Alan V Whetton. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Whetton, Alan V
Rights Holder: Whetton, Alan V
Stone, Georgian Signpost, Transport, Road Transport Site