This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
KEIGHLEY SOUTH STREET SE 04 SE (west side) 5/259 Ingrow
Church of St John
Church. 1843. By Rawstone of Bradford. Coursed stone, thin slate roof. West tower, aisled nave, chancel, apse. Plinth, round-headed lancet windows, round-arched blind arcading under eaves. Embattled 4-stage tower with clasping pilasters rising into octagonal corner turrets. Each stage has 2 round-arched panels and round-arched band. South doorway. Windows to 2nd stage, clock to 3rd, slatted belfry openings to 4th. 7 bay nave, bays defined by strip pilas- ters. Cill band, coping. Orb finial. One-bay chancel, as nave, lower, with aisles flanking apsidal central bay. Apse, as nave.
Listing NGR: SE0589540583
Copyright IoE Mr Alan V Whetton. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Whetton, Alan V
Rights Holder: Whetton, Alan V
Slate, Stone, Victorian Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship