This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BUCKERELL BUCKERELL SY 10 SW
5/98 Village pump including surrounding walls and railings
Village pump and surrounding walls including railings and inscription panel. 1844, erected by the Reverend E.E. Coleridge (q.v. the Old Rectory). Flint rubble walls form a 3-sided enclosure on the north-east boundary of the churchyard. The back wall incorporates a Gothic style freestone inscription panel with a 2-centred arch filled with blind tracery motifs. The inscription reads ("This pump for the use of the poor was placed here by subscription 1844 Edwin E. Coleridge Vicar", with appropriate biblical texts below. The side walls have stone coping iron railings with spike finials. The pump has been boxed in, the handle terminates in a ball.
An unusual survival.
Listing NGR: ST1233700382
Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Aaben-Reader. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Aaben-Reader, Anthony
Rights Holder: Aaben-Reader, Anthony
Flint, Iron, Rubble, Stone, Victorian Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Pump, Water Supply And Drainage, Water Supply Site, Railings