Orangery Approx 40 Yards West Of Close House

Date:
21 Aug 1999
Location:
Orangery Approx 40 Yards West Of Close House, Heddon On The Wall, Castle Morpeth, Northumberland
Reference:
IOE01/00188/12
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Request a copy
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

HEDDON-ON-THE-WALL CLOSE HOUSE NZ 16 NW

20/130 Orangery approx 40 28.4.69 yards west of Close House

GV II

Orangery. 1779. Ashlar and glass. Classical style. Single storey, 5 bays.

Slightly bowed front with paired Tuscan columns at the corners and single Tuscan columns between bays. Half-glazed, 2-leaf door in centre bay. Renewed full- length 24-pane sashes. Hipped glazed roof with original glazing.

Listing NGR: NZ1266665869

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Black_J.H. IOE Records for Black, J.H.; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

Copyright IoE Mrs J.H. Black. Source Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Black, J.H.

Rights Holder: Black, J.H.

Keywords

Ashlar, Glass, Georgian Orangery, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Glasshouse, Garden Building