Thompson Headstone 6 Metres West Of Church Of St. Andrews

Date:
5 Aug 2000
Location:
Thompson Headstone 6 Metres West Of Church Of St. Andrews, Shotley Low Quarter, Tynedale, Northumberland
Reference:
IOE01/00192/13
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Request a copy
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SHOTLEY LOW QUARTER GREYMARE HILL NZ 05 NW

10/265 Thompson headstone 6 metres west of Church of St.

Andrews.

GV II

Headstone, c. 1820. Sandstone. Shaped top with carving of seated female with drapery and scroll, inscription to various members of Thompson family, d. 1813 - 1819.

Lough's third piece of monumental sculpture.

Archdeacon Singleton's returns for 1828, quoted in Northumberland County History Vl, 306.

Listing NGR: NZ0451855190

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Cottrell_Bob IOE Records for Cottrell, Bob; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Bob Cottrell. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Cottrell, Bob

Rights Holder: Cottrell, Bob

Keywords

Sandstone, Georgian Gravestone, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Grave Marker, Funerary Site