Pink Lane / 4 Clayton Street West

Date:
6 Aug 2000
Location:
Pink Lane, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne And Wear, NE1 5EE
Show all locations
4 Clayton Street West, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne And Wear, NE1 5EE
Reference:
IOE01/00192/23
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Request a copy
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

NZ 2464 SW NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE CLAYTON STREET WEST (west side)

19/179 No. 4 17/12/71

G.V. II

House, now part of shop. Circa 1837, probably by John Wardle, for Richard Grainger. Sandstone ashlar; roof not visible. 4 storeys, 4 bays and rounded left corner to Pink Lane. Early C2O shop. Upper floors have sash windows, those in left bay tripartite, with glazing bars in plain reveals. Floor bands; prominent second-floor cornice; top cornice and blocking course.

Listing NGR: NZ2445964020

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Cottrell_Bob IOE Records for Cottrell, Bob; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Bob Cottrell. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Cottrell, Bob

Rights Holder: Cottrell, Bob

Keywords

Ashlar, Sandstone, Georgian House, Victorian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Shop, Commercial