This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TF6219NW ST JAMES' ROAD 610-1/10/132 County Court including railings to 07/06/72 facade (Formerly Listed as: LONDON ROAD (East side) County Court)
County Court. 1861. Gault brick with stone dressings and slate roof. Italian palazzo style. 2 storeys and attic in 5 bays arranged 1-3-1, the openings arched. Stone quoins to ground floor. Windows are sashes with glazing bars and keystones to this floor. Centre 3 openings have rusticated surrounds, the left opening being the doorway. Double-leaf panelled door. Heavy string course with dentils, almost a cornice. First-floor windows have a continuous string course and are fitted with C20 casements. The arched portion of the windows retain their margin glazing. Between a further string course and the overhanging, Palazzo-like cornice, are 5 small attic windows. On the cornice is an achievement carrying the Royal Arms. Hipped roof with 4 irregularly disposed stacks, each with its own cornice. The 2-bay south return is similar. Railings to facade: gault brick piers, iron stiles with scrolled braces, square section verticals with pyramid finials. INTERIOR. Only staircase survives. Paired cast-iron decorative balusters. Wreathed handrail.
Listing NGR: TF6211919766
This is part of the Series: IOE\Brown_Graham IOE Records for Brown, Graham; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Graham Brown. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Brown, Graham
Rights Holder: Brown, Graham
Brick, Slate, Stone, Victorian County Court, Civil, Law Court, Legal Site, Railings, Monument <By Form>, Barrier