This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
MAIDEN BRADLEY CHURCH STREET ST 83 NW (west side) 4/92 The Old Vicarage II Vicarage, now detached house. 1843-44 by Chapman of Frome, 1883 wing. Dressed limestone, Welsh slate roof, diagonally set pairs of stone stacks. Rambling plan with rear wings. Two-storey, 3- window. Two-storey projection to left with gabled porch with ribbed inner door, stone oriel to first floor, gable with open quatrefoil vent with shield, to left is external stack with offsets, range to right has 2-light and 3-light casements with hoodmoulds to ground and first floors; all casements with margin- panes. Left return has square bay with 3-light mullioned window and parapet to right, 3-light casement with hoodmould to left and two to first floor. Rear has 1880s central wing with large casements and triple sash, wing to right has attached C20 conservatory with margin-pane French windows within, 2-light casement with hoodmould over. Right return has lean-to services, external stack and casements, triangular attic dormer. Interior said to retain original fittings. Ceased to be the vicarage during 1970s.
(H.D. Kitching, Guide to All Saints Church, Maiden Bradley, 1970)
Listing NGR: ST8028438534
Copyright IoE Mr G.M. Cotton. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cotton, G.M.
Rights Holder: Cotton, G.M.
Limestone, Welsh Slate, Victorian Vicarage, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Conservatory, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Glasshouse, Garden Building, Detached House, Monument <By Form>