Road Marker On North Side, East Of Junction With Valley Road

Date:
17 Oct 1999
Location:
Road Marker On North Side, East Of Junction With Valley Road, Station Road, Cinderford, Forest Of Dean, Gloucestershire
Reference:
IOE01/00211/31
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Request a copy
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SO 61 SE CINDERFORD STATION ROAD (north side)

10/35 Road marker, on north side, east of junction with Valley Road

II

Road marker, 1897, cast iron. Self-supporting plate like milestone approximately 600mm wide, with semi-circular top, raised rim and lettering. 'VR THIS ROAD FOR THE DISTANCE OF 670 YARDS (arrow points to right) WAS MADE AT THE EXPENSE OF THE CROWN FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE INHABITANTS AND DISTRICT 1897 E STAFFORD HOWARD ESQ COMMISSIONER PHILIP BAYLIS ESQ DEP SUR'. Very unusual item, one of four in parish.

Listing NGR: SO6511114034

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Simmonds_Derek IOE Records for Simmonds, Derek; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

Copyright IoE Mr Derek Simmonds. Source Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Simmonds, Derek

Rights Holder: Simmonds, Derek

Keywords

Cast Iron, Victorian Marker Stone, Unassigned, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative, Plaque