This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5409 WILTON PARK Walls enclosing Italian Garden together with Fountain SU 0930 5/123
Circa 1825-50. Low dwarf wall on 3 sides with alternate lead statues and vases on dies. West end apsed with central entrance. Steps in front of loggia (qv) with scrolls to piers.
A considerable amount of statuary principally provided by the firm of Austen & Seeley 1845-51. Accurate copies of C17 and C18 sculpture see particularly the lead groups of putti (copied from those made by Nost in early C18). In the centre of the garden is a fine Renaissance fountain of 3 stages in circular moulded basin.
Listing NGR: SU0984730992
Copyright IoE Mr Peter Read. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Read, Peter
Rights Holder: Read, Peter
Lead, Georgian Wall, Victorian Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Statue, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Sculpture, Garden Ornament, Street Furniture, Vase, Fountain, Water Supply And Drainage, Water Supply Site