This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
CLAYDON OLD IPSWICH ROAD TM 14 NW 7/106 The Beeches - - II House, c.1840. 2 storeys. Asymmetrical facade, 4 windows wide. Double pile plan. 9 bays divided by flat pilasters simply moulded at capital and base.
Springing from the head of each pilaster is an elliptical arch of gauged brick forming a blind arcade beneath the eaves along the whole frontage. Hipped 2- span slated roofs with internal chimneys of gault brick. Windows in alternate bays with flat arches of gauged brick; small-pane sashes, these at ground storey carried down to the floor. Tuscan entrance portico porch with flat entablature. Recessed within panelled jambs is a 3-panelled entrance door, the upper panel glazed; oblong fanlight with radiating bars.
Listing NGR: TM1323449582
Copyright IoE Mrs B.A. Curtis. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Curtis, B.A.
Rights Holder: Curtis, B.A.
Brick, Slate, Georgian House, Victorian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling