This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON WEST SIDE COMMON, SW19 TQ 2370 7/169 Nos 7 and 7A (Converted stable block adjoining north end of West Side House) GV II
Former stable block to West Side House (qv) now flats. Circa 1760, altered.
Plum brick, some red dressings. Steeply pitched pantiled roof. Single storey plus dormers. 12 bays, altered to northern end. Segmental headed flush framed windows, sashes, glazing bars. Four carriageways, one blocked. Square headed dormers mainly to north end. Entrance to third bay from south. Brick modillion cornice. 2 linked pairs of chimneys to south end.
Listing NGR: TQ2329370891
Copyright IoE Miss Patricia Philpott. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Philpott, Patricia
Rights Holder: Philpott, Patricia
Brick, Pantile, Georgian Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, Apartment, Domestic, Dwelling