This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON WEST SIDE COMMON, SW19 TQ 2370 7/166 Chester House 27.11.87 GV II
Substantial house, now management training centre. Circa 1700 or earlier, altered. Plum brick, red dressings. Steeply pitched hipped tiled roof to eaves. 2 storey, 6 1/2 bay central block with slightly projecting pedimented bay to right with pedimented doorcase having moulded architrave. Further 5-bay wing to right. Large mid C20 wing to right of this not of special interest.
To left of central block a tall 1-storey wing with brick pediment and brick dentil cornice. Square gauged headed windows, architraved to central bay of central block; sashes; glazing bars. Moulded brick band between storeys. Dentil cornice to eaves. 3 dormers to roof, pedimented, central one segmental.
Casements. Grand rear elevation with scrolly split pedimented doorcase.
Listing NGR: TQ2336170719
Copyright IoE Miss Patricia Philpott. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Philpott, Patricia
Rights Holder: Philpott, Patricia
Brick, Tile, Stuart House, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Training Centre, Education