This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON LINGFIELD ROAD TQ 2470 (east side) 8/76 No 26 (The Village Club and Hall) - II
Village club. 1859, by S S Teulon, enlarged 1879. Yellow brick, red dressings.
Gothic revival style. Main elevation to Lingfield Road. 2 storeys; 9 irregular bays. To left a large advanced gabled wing with cuspless 4-light geometrical traceried window to upper floor. To right of this a tower with pyramidal roof and gabled entrance. Central recessed 5 bay, 2 storey range with full height bay window to left and segmental gauged brick headed windows; 3-light; casements. Smaller advanced gabled cottage wing to corner with canted bay window to ground floor.
Prominent chimneys. Return to Ridgway dated 1879, also of architectural interest.
A Short History of Wimbledon, R Milward.
Listing NGR: TQ2408370885
Copyright IoE Miss Patricia Philpott. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Philpott, Patricia
Rights Holder: Philpott, Patricia
Brick, Victorian Village Hall, Civil, Meeting Hall, Public Building